Olympia Provisions Pickled Walla Walla Sweet Onions
- by Olympia Provisions
- United States
Perfect for snacking, these walla walla sweet onions are pickled with fresh thyme, mustard seed, peppercorns, and chili flakes for a blend of bright, zesty flavor with a hint of herbaceous tang. With a delicate crunch and touch of heat, these bold bites add a pop of sweet spice to any spread, especially with bold meats and cheeses like Maple Leaf Smoked Gouda and Underground Meats Black Garlic Salami.
- Through our partnership, Olympia Provisions orders will be shipped from an alternate facility outside of Murray’s. You will receive a separate tracking number from Olympia Provisions for your order.
- Only sweet onions grown in the federally protected growing area of Walla Walla Valley and northeastern Oregon can be called Walla Walla Sweet Onions.
- They are beloved for their sweet, delicate, nearly translucent flesh.
- The slight heat and bite makes these an ideal addition to every charcuterie board—try these alongside Olympia Provisions Sweetheart Ham and Murray’s Sopressata Salami.
- Established in 2009, Olympia Provisions was Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria.
- Founder Elias Cairo, a first-generation Greek-American, grew up around charcuterie—his father would often craft his own meats at home.
- His upbringing, along with his travels and apprenticeships around Europe, inspired him to start Olympia Provisions, to share these traditional techniques with Americans.
- The company uses antibiotic-free pork and high-quality ingredients like freshly ground spices.
- They form their meats with natural casings and allow them to age naturally, without relying on hot-incubation, cooking, or irradiation.