Primo Apricot Urfa Mostarda
- by Primo Specialty Foods
- United States
Mostarda hasn’t taken off as a go-to condiment in the United States, but PRiMO’s apricot version is an argument for why it should. A fruit-packed, savory relish, with bits of perfectly ripe apricot and the pungent pop of mustard seeds. There’s more to discover in every bite—smoky urfa pepper, warming ginger, a vinegar tang. Bring it to a barbecue and every guest will find a use for it, whether they slather it on grilled chicken or dollop atop Aged Goat Gouda and Red Table Mini Mortadella.
- Mostarda is a classic Northern Italian condiment made from fruit candied in a syrup with the addition of mustard oil or powder.
- It’s traditionally served with braised meats, as the spice and vinegar cut through the richness, but it can also be served with cheeses, cured meats, and more.
- While Italian mostarda can contain a variety of fruit, PRiMO’s version highlights apricots.
- PRiMO uses both mustard seeds and mustard oil, which gives the condiment an infusion of hot mustard spice and a pop of texture.
- An untraditional but welcome addition is urfa biber, dried Turkish pepper flakes that are smoky with a raisin-like fruitiness.
- They also add garam masala, which brings the warmth of cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves.
- Spread some Apricot Urfa Mostarda on your next grilled cheese with Murray’s Cave Aged Gruyère for an elevated treat.