Rodolphe Salted Butter
This item is temporarily unavailable
View similar products
Rodolphe Salted Butter
- Cow Milk
- by Rodolphe Le Meunier
Made in the traditional French style, Rodolphe Le Meunier Salted Butter is richly creamy and intensely flavorful. Milk is sourced from cows in Normandy and churned until it reaches a smooth, thick consistency before being molded by hand and perfectly salted. The finished product: a velvety spread with a higher butter fat and moisture content than your average butter. Try spreading it over Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Shortbread and top with dried cherries for a sweet treat
Pasteurized Cream, Salt, Lactic Starters.
- Produced by cheesemonger Rodolphe Le Meunier, Rodolphe Le Meunier Salted Butter is a creamy, flavorful butter made using a traditional French method.
- Milk is sourced from cows in Normandy and churned using this customary process.
- The process separates the milk, spinning the heaviest part into a creamy, thick consistency.
- The butter is then re-injected with cream that has been treated with cultures and allowed to ferment for several hours in order to build a strong, lactic flavor.
- Once combined, the butter is spread by hand into wooden molds to keep its shape.
- Because it’s made using this traditional method, the spread has higher butter fat and moisture content than the average butter.
- Producer Rodolphe Le Meunier descends from a family of cheesemakers.
- His grandmother bred goats and made cheese.
- His father inherited the business and incorporated additional gourmet cheeses and spreads into their portfolio.
- Today, Le Meunier oversees the company; his sister Caroline is also part of the business.
- In 2007, Le Meunier was awarded the Meilleur Ouvrier de France (Best Craftsman of France) and Meilleur Fromager International (Best International Cheese Maker).
- Rodolphe Le Meunier comes from a long line of goat breeders and cheesemakers. He now runs this third-generation butter and cheese business in France's Loire Valley with his sister Caroline.
- Their butters are made with pasteurized cream in a wooden butter churn and are molded by hand.
- For his fine dairy craftsmanship, Rodolphe has been named a Meilleur Fromager de France (Best Cheesemonger of France) and a Meilleur Ouvrier de France (Best Craftsman of France).