Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 3-9 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Rogue Creamery
- United States
Rogue Creamery creates their Smokey Blue, the world’s first smoked blue cheese, by cold smoking their award-winning Original Blue cheese over local Oregon hazelnut shells. The creamy, milky blue then takes on a rich essence of roasted nuts and firewood, as well as a sweet caramel flavor and notes of fresh cream. Balanced and complex, Smokey Blue is a true delicacy, especially when paired with a fruity Riesling, a dollop of Sidehill Farm Raspberry Jam, and a bite of Pralus Milk Chocolate Infernal Bar.
- Rogue Creamery makes their Smokey Blue by cold smoking wheels of their Original Blue over hazelnut shells.
- Smokey Blue is the first smoked blue cheese in the world.
- Rogue Creamery founder Tom Vella was inspired by a trip to Roquefort, France to begin his own blue cheese operation in Oregon.
Harder blue cheeses can stay fresh for up to two to three weeks in a crisper drawer when wrapped tightly and unopened, while softer blues may start to dry out after approximately two weeks. The best thing to do is keep the cheese in one of your refrigerator drawers or the vegetable bin; this will help to keep your cheese from drying out. Additionally, we recommend wrapping your blue cheese in aluminum foil. All cheeses and meats are perishables—by definition they degrade over time—so we encourage our customers to enjoy the cheese while it's in peak condition!
- Located in Central Point, Oregon, Rogue Creamery has been operating for more than 85 years, specializing in a wide selection of blue cheeses and Cheddars.
- Their most famous cheese is Rogue River Blue, named the Best Cheese in the World in 2019.
- Rogue Creamery cheeses are certified humane and vegetarian-friendly.
- Rogue Creamery is a Certified B Corporation, meaning they meet a set of sustainable, social, and environmental standards.