This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 90 Days
- Cow Milk
- Goat Milk
Named for the trade wind that blows through the Canary Island of Fuerteventura where it’s made, Alisios is a firm, mild cheese crafted from a mix of cow and goat’s milk. This milky and snackable Spanish cheese has a coating of bright pimentón on its rind, giving it an eye-catching red-orange exterior and a spicy-sweet pop of toasty flavor. Creamy and tangy, Alisios is a natural pairing for Spanish snacks like Murray’s Rosemary Marcona Almonds and Fermin Iberico Sliced Chorizo.
- Alisios is made on the island of Fuerteventura, in Spain’s Canary Islands. Fuerteventura is the 2nd largest of the Canary Islands, known for its white sand beaches, year-round warmth, and constant winds.
- Named for these trade winds, Alisios is a semi-firm mix of cow (70%) and goat (30%) milk.
- The cheese is coated in sweet, red pimentón from the Spanish town of Murcia.
- Aged 90 days, it has a firm, pliable paste and mild, snackable flair with a spicy-sweet bright heat.
- Make sure to get a taste of rind with each bite to fully experience the beauty and flavor of this cheese.
- The cheese won a Super Gold award at the 2016 World Cheese Awards.