This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 20 Days
- Cow Milk
This D.O.P. (Protected Designation of Origin) cheese is an Italian cow’s milk cheese that uses traditional methods dating back over 1,000 years. Asiago can be made in a number of styles, but Asiago Pressato refers to the young, soft version that is recognizable by its semi-soft paste and sweet, buttery flavor. After being aged for only 20 days, it has a slightly tangy and mild profile. Try this Italian cheese with similar Mediterranean snacks like Prosciutto di Parma and Castelvetrano Olives.
- Asiago is a D.O.P. (Denominazione di Origine Protteta) or protected denomination of origin cow’s milk cheese made in the Veneto region of Italy.
- It traditionally comes in two different forms, a young version and an aged version.
- Asiago Pressato, has a smooth, springy texture, while , Asiago d’Allevo, which is aged 12 months, has a drier, crumbly texture similar to Parmigiano Reggiano.
- The production of this cheese dates back over 1,000 years and was formerly made of sheep’s milk.
- Its mild flavor and smooth texture make it a popular cheese for cooking and melting.