Benton's Smoked Bacon
- by Bentons Country Hams
- United States
Benton’s Smoked Bacon is your classic breakfast comfort food that’s crafted like a delicacy. This bacon is dry cured by hand using a mix of salt, brown sugar, and black pepper. It’s cured and dried for three weeks, then hickory smoked on a wood stove for up to three days. The result is a smoky, woodsy flavor with a touch of spice. Create a hearty, homestyle mac and cheese using a package of Benton’s, some of Murray’s Mac & Cheese blend, and a box of elbow macaroni—you’re sure to be a dinnertime hero.
- Each pack of bacon is packaged by hand only feet from the smokehouse.
- All of the hickory smoking Benton’s does is done in a wood stove smokehouse.
- Like an aged meat, Benton's Country Ham has history, dating back to 1947. These days, Benton's is run by Allan Benton, who went from high school guidance counselor to respected meat mastermind.
- Benton's has kept its operation relatively small, producing approximately 13,000 hams each year.
- By using traditional dry-curing processes in crafting their ham and bacon, Benton's harkens back to times when preserving meat was necessary for survival.
- Their meats are available either unsmoked or hickory-smoked, with the hickory smoking happening in a smokehouse behind the business.