Blake Hill Orange & Bourbon Marmalade
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Blake Hill Preserves
- United States
Fresh oranges are simmered in award-winning, locally crafted bourbon to create a blend of sweet, boozy flavor with a bright hit of zesty citrus. Blake Hill, a specialty marmalade maker from Vermont, partnered with their neighbor SILO distillery to craft this artisanal spread that boasts a mouthwatering tang and rich complexity. We love this one-of-a-kind marmalade with a creamy blue cheese or used as a glaze for roasted meats. Try it with Rogue Creamery Smokey Blue or Rivers Edge Up In Smoke to bring out its bourbon essence.
- Co-owners Vicky Allard and Joe Hanglin brought their passion for sweet and savory jams and preserves from England and Gibraltar to Grafton, Vermont.
- Blake Hill infuses global flavors from Spain, Italy, North Africa, Asia, and the Middle East into their creations.
- As opposed to jams or preserves, marmalades use both the juice and the peel of the fruit and can often become overwhelmingly bitter from the citrus pith.
- Blake Hill uses a balanced hand to blend the flavors and leave just a touch of pleasant bitterness at the finish.
- Pair with Epoisses or amplify an Old Fashioned
- In 2005, Vicky Allard and Joe Hanglin purchased the 19th-century Blake Hill farm property in the small town of Grafton, Vermont.
- After offering one of their homemade jams in a local store—and it quickly selling out—the pair founded Blake Hill Preserves.
- Vicky’s family has made preserves for three generations and Joe brings his unique Gibraltarian heritage to the mix to shape the flavors of their preserves.
- Blake Hill Farm is home to an abundance of wild blackberry and raspberry bushes. They also cultivate blueberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, wildflowers, and more.
- All of Murray’s exclusive jams are a collaboration between Murray’s Cheese and the jam-makers at Blake Hill Farms.