Matiz Octopus in EVOO
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Matiz
Mediterranean producer Matiz catches their octopus off the coast of Spain and Portugal, and preserves the tender bites in a tin of premium extra virgin olive oil. The octopus has a rich, slightly briny taste of ocean salt and a texture like medium-rare steak. Both hearty and mild, this tinned octopus is ready for snacking, and makes an excellent addition to pastas or salads. Try Matiz Octopus in a homemade dish with 1932 Arrabbiata Sauce or served simply with a rustic cracker like Firehook Multigrain Flax Cracker.
- Matiz catches their octopus in the Atlantic Ocean, typically off the coast of Spain, Portugal, and Morocco.
- They catch their wild octopus using traditional methods, including the use of octopus pots.
- The octopus is then hand-packed in tins with Spanish olive oil with sea salt in Galicia, Spain.
- Galicia is renowned for its seafood, particularly octopus.
- Restaurants which specialize in serving octopus are called pulperías.
- Matiz takes pride in sourcing and importing all-natural, gourmet food products in its native Spain.
- Matiz products are imported to the United States by the Culinary Collective, a distributor that prioritizes sustainability and small producers in the gourmet realm.
- To promote responsible business practices, the Culinary Collective champions five distinct sourcing criteria: local ownership, authenticity, local sourcing, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Matiz adheres to these guidelines and is proud to work with family manufacturers that prioritize high-quality, all-natural products.
- The Matiz product line encompasses olive oils, vinegars, vegetables, grains, and seafoods.