Mitica® Drunken Goat®
This item is temporarily unavailable
View similar products
Mitica® Drunken Goat®
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 2-3 Months
- Goat Milk
- by Mitica®
After curing in a traditional style of Spanish red wine, Mitica® Drunken Goat® cheese not only develops its unique fruity flavor but also a remarkable color contrast. The milky sweet, smooth paste retains its bright white color while the rind takes on a rich, violet hue that echoes the distinct grape notes that bloom from the cheese. Keep the juxtaposition going and pair this semi-firm, pasteurized goat cheese with a mix of sweet and salty: Candied Walnuts and Charlito's Cocina Sliced Cerveza Seca.
Pasteurized Murciana Goat's Milk, Salt, Calcium Chloride, Rennet, Cheese Cultures. Rind Bathed In Monastrell Wine.
- Mitica® Drunken Goat® cheese is made using pasteurized milk from Murciana goats.
- The wheels are soaked for 48 to 72 hours in Doble Pasta red wine, a twice-fermented, high-alcohol wine.
- Doble Pasta wine is made using twice the standard amount of black grape skins, which gives it a distinct fruity flavor.
- After curing in the wine, the goat cheese develops a deep violet hue on its rind. Meanwhile the inner paste remains nearly pure white.
- Mitica® Drunken Goat® was adapted from a traditional Murcian cheese recipe and is made in the village of Jumilla in Murcia, Spain.
When you receive your cheese, unpack the order and refrigerate the items. We recommend using the cheese paper we send most of our products in to store the cheese. The cheese paper helps cover the items and stop them from drying out, while also allowing the cheese to breathe. Since cheese is mold, it's a living thing! If you cut off air circulation to the cheese, you can actually cause it to suffocate and spoil at a faster rate.
- From the Spanish word for mythical, Mitica is a gourmet food importer that offers the best of the best from Spain and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Regional delicacies, like marcona almonds, membrillo, and crispy tortas, are carefully curated by the company’s product experts.
- Based in Long Island, New York, Mitica is part of the specialty food company Forever Cheese, founded by Michele Buster and Pierluigi Sini.
- Forever Cheese was created in 1998 to share Sini’s renowned family cheeses with a U.S. audience.
- The duo originally offered Italian cheeses before moving into Spanish, Portuguese, and even Croatian cheese.
- It wasn’t long before they were also adding other charcuterie staples, like prosciutto and fruit spreads, to the fold