Mitica® Fig Jam
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Mitica®
Mitica Fig Jam is a rich, fruity marmalade made with Pajarero figs from Valencia, Spain. To create this sweet jam, the tender figs are combined with a lemon honey to make a spread that’s bright, citrusy, and designed to pair perfectly with grassy Spanish cheeses. Put a dollop of Mitica Fig Jam on a slice of Manchego or Pyrenees Brebis for a simple snack.
- The Vallés brothers craft this fig jam using local Pajarero figs from Valencia, Spain.
- The jam has just two ingredients, figs and lemon honey, and contains no added sugar or preservatives.
- From the Spanish word for mythical, Mitica is a gourmet food importer that offers the best of the best from Spain and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Regional delicacies, like marcona almonds, membrillo, and crispy tortas, are carefully curated by the company’s product experts.
- Based in Long Island, New York, Mitica is part of the specialty food company Forever Cheese, founded by Michele Buster and Pierluigi Sini.
- Forever Cheese was created in 1998 to share Sini’s renowned family cheeses with a U.S. audience.
- The duo originally offered Italian cheeses before moving into Spanish, Portuguese, and even Croatian cheese.
- It wasn’t long before they were also adding other charcuterie staples, like prosciutto and fruit spreads, to the fold