Murray's Balsamic Vinegar Of Modena IGP
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Age: 3 Years
- by Murray's Cheese
Balsamic vinegar can be traced back to Modena circa 1100 AD, when Holy Roman Emperor Henry III was gifted a “perfect” Modena vinegar by the Marquis of Tuscany. From the Emilia-Romagna region of northern Italy, Murray’s Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP is smooth and viscous, with a honeyed sweetness that balances its crisp acidity. Enjoy this modern take on perfection and drizzle over Murray's Burrata or Murray's Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Murray’s Balsamic Vinegar of Modena IGP is made using cooked grape must, a freshly crushed juice made from pressing Trebbiano or Lambrusco grapes.
- Once mixed, the vinegar is required to be aged in a barrel for at least 60 days in accordance with IGP standards.
- IGP (Indicazione Geografica Protetta), or "protected geographical information," is a seal awarded to certain products to recognize the quality, recipe, and characteristics that can be traced back to its region of origin.
- IGP labeling guarantees that the at least one phase of processing and production occurs in the designated city of origin.
- Murray’s Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is crafted using the highest quantity of Italian grapes possible to balance out its 6% acidity.
- Its mild acidity is complemented by savory notes with hints of mustard.
- The mix of sour and sweet is perfect for cooking, marinating and using in salad dressings.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.