Murray's Speck Sliced
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Age: 6 Months
- by Murray's Cheese
Murray’s Sliced Speck is made from pork shoulder and aged for about nine months in the Alto Adige province of northeastern Italy, where the cool mountain air of the Alps meets the balmy Mediterranean breeze. The rich, velvety meat is cloaked in an herbed crust made of juniper, pepper and other spices, and smoked before curing. The complex, botanical flavors demand an equally bold pairing, like Taleggio and Divina Fig Spread.
- Produced in the Alto Adige province in northeast Italy, Murray’s Speck is made from the front leg of a pig (also known as the shoulder), cold smoked, and aged for nine months.
- The whole-muscle cut is repeatedly smoked over beechwood fires and rubbed with sea salt until it reaches the desired taste and texture.
- The ham is coated with a mix of juniper, pepper and other spices to create a crust that distinguishes Speck from other whole-muscle meats.
- Murray’s Speck ages for 22 to 24 weeks in Alto Adige, where the cold air of the Alps meets the humid Mediterranean breeze.
- Salumi production dates back centuries, when meat was smoked and dried out of necessity.
- The dry-curing technique used for salami requires humidity- and temperature-controlled drying.
- The humidity and temperatures used to cure the meat determine its texture and moisture levels, ranging from dry and fine to chewy and fatty.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.