This item is temporarily unavailable
View similar products
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 8-12 Weeks
- Cow Milk
- by Ciresa
Adapted from a recipe dating back to 9th century Italy, this classic washed-rind cheese is rich in history and flavor. Mildly pungent, with fruity, meaty notes, and an pungent, elastic, doughy texture, Taleggio is great for melting over vegetables or a toasted baguette. For an easy snack, try pairing it with Murray's Sliced Speck and a glass of Barbera or Soave.
Pasteurized Cow's Milk, Salt, Rennet, Enzymes
- Murray’s Cheese has sampled a world of Taleggio cheeses, but none can rival that made by Italy’s Ciresa family.
- Cheesemakers have spent centuries mastering this aromatic washed-rind, named for the Val Taleggio region of Northern Italy.
- Depending on where it’s produced, it can be made with either pasteurized or raw cow’s milk.
- The square is washed with brine to create a sticky orange rind that’s punctuated with soft, gray mold.
- Taleggio is delicious melted over roasted potatoes, and equally as impressive on a cheese board or paired with some rustic salami and a glass of Northern Italian red wine.
When you receive your cheese, unpack the order and refrigerate the items. We recommend using the cheese paper we send most of our products in to store the cheese. The cheese paper helps cover the items and stop them from drying out, while also allowing the cheese to breathe. Since cheese is mold, it's a living thing! If you cut off air circulation to the cheese, you can actually cause it to suffocate and spoil at a faster rate.
- Since 1927, family-owned Ciresa has prided itself on its old-world affinage in a modern age.
- Now in its third generation, Ciresa is deeply invested in its craft and takes pride in their mastery.
- Their Taleggio is a world-renowned rendition of a classic Italian cheese that dates back to the 9th century.
- It is made by veteran cheesemakers, in open-vats combining the best of artisanship with non-invasive technology.
- While Ciresa uses the best of modern technology in their air filtration and refrigeration systems, cheeses are still salted, turned, washed, wrapped and cut by hand—preserving the techniques passed down from one generation to the next.
- For nearly a century, Ciresa has formed deep, personal connections to its customers, who now span across the globe.
New World Chardonnay
Richly buttery and oaky, with heavy notes of vanilla, brown butter, and tropical fruit. New World chardonnay refers to wines from the United States and warmer climates.
Chianti is named for a region in Italy and is made from a blend of grapes, mostly sangiovese. This dry, medium-bodied wine has a distinct herbal quality—think rosemary and oregano—with flavors of dried plums and cherries.
1 / 2