Murray's Whole Grain Mustard
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Murray's Cheese
This traditional condiment is tangy and zesty, with a subtle sweetness and crunchy texture from the addition of whole mustard seeds. Mustard, one of the world’s oldest condiments, was created during the Roman Era. Murray’s Whole Grain Mustard incorporates those spicy origins in this golden-brown spread that balances mild toasty notes and bright piquancy. This mustard is a natural pair with Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons or a slice of Murray’s Gruyère. It also makes for an easy dipping sauce, dressing, or sandwich topping.
- Murray’s Whole Grain Mustard is made with different types of seeds: Brassica Juncea, also known as “brown seeds,” and Sinapis Alba, more commonly known as “white seeds.”
- To make the mustard, the seeds are cleaned, rolled, soaked, and then ground.
- This mixture is combined with water, salt, and a vinegar known as verjuice to make the paste.
- The creation of mustard dates to Ancient Rome, when seeds were mixed with unfermented grape juice, known as “must.”
- This traditional recipe has evolved significantly to develop the mustard we know and use today.
- Murray’s Whole Grain Mustard is considered a more elemental form of mustard, known in French as l’Ancienne, as the seeds are left intact and not incorporated into the paste.
- When bitten, the seeds burst open with a pop of bright flavor.
- This classic mustard was designed to have a balanced blend of peppery, tart, and crunchy elements, and created to pair with Murray’s Pates and other meats.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.