Murray's St. Mark's
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 2 Weeks
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
A French classic with a New York twist, Murray’s St. Mark’s is a complex, unctuous cheese that’s kept secure in its own miniature red terracotta crock. Simply dive in with a spoon or cracker, or treat it as a personal fondue pot, and top with walnuts, rosemary, or fig jam before popping it into the oven and serving with crusty bread. This silky, spoonable, strong cheese also pairs perfectly with some Raincoast Crisps and Murray's Spiced Cherry Preserves.
- Murray’s collaborated with Vermont Creamery to create the uniquely flavorful St. Mark’s, cheese named to honor both St. Mark’s Place in its New York home and the French St. Marcellin that inspired it.
- After a regulatory change kept Murray’s from importing the popular St. Marcellin cheese, Murray’s turned to Vermont Creamery to develop a formula that emulated the French classic and captured its oozy, melty feel. St. Marcellin dates back centuries, originating in the Rhone-Alps region of France.
- The cheese is customarily made from small, mushroomy discs of cow’s milk–and was even a favorite of King Louis XVI.
- Like St. Marcellin, St. Mark’s is served in a small crock. Keeping the French spirit alive, Murray imports their serving crocks from Europe.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.