Olympia Provisions Pork and Hazelnut Pate
- by Olympia Provisions
- United States
This country-style pork pate is studded with Oregon hazelnuts and Olympia Provisions’ house-cured bacon, as well as spiked with Cognac and Oregon honey to give it a blend of sweet, boozy savor and a touch of rich smokiness. Complex and savory, this Pacific Northwest treat is a natural pairing with Oregon blue cheese and a sweet confit or grape must.
- Through our partnership, Olympia Provisions orders will be shipped from an alternate facility outside of Murray’s. You will receive a separate tracking number from Olympia Provisions for your order.
- This paté is an excellent addition to a charcuterie board because it adds a textural component that pairs well with any vessel; toast points, potato chips, or Moonshot Organic Rosemary & Garlic Crackers.
- Paté is a French terrine of seasoned ground meat (or sometimes even vegetables or seafood), traditionally baked in a crust or molded.
- Established in 2009, Olympia Provisions was Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria.
- Founder Elias Cairo, a first-generation Greek-American, grew up around charcuterie—his father would often craft his own meats at home.
- His upbringing, along with his travels and apprenticeships around Europe, inspired him to start Olympia Provisions, to share these traditional techniques with Americans.
- The company uses antibiotic-free pork and high-quality ingredients like freshly ground spices.
- They form their meats with natural casings and allow them to age naturally, without relying on hot-incubation, cooking, or irradiation.