Three Little Figs Puddletown Pub Chutney
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Three Little Figs
- United States
Three Little Figs uses time-honored English chutney traditions to craft their Puddletown Pub Chutney. To make this rich condiment, they slow-simmer crisp apples and onions in an espresso stout with cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, and spices. Packed with quintessential autumnal flavor, this chutney is a savory accompaniment to cheeses with undertones of broth and roasted meats like Quicke’s Mature Cheddar or Neal’s Yard Montgomery’s Cheddar.
- Chutneys are a traditional Indian condiment that accompany meats, vegetables, and more. They can be spiced or mild.
- Three Little Figs Piddletown Pub Chutney is an American take on an English-style chutney, which utlizes vinegar.
- The balance between sweetness and bright acidity make the chutney an ideal accompaniment for rich cheeses, especially on sandwiches with deli meats.
- It pairs well with bold, savory cheeses like cheddars, washed rinds, and blues.
- Three Little Figs is an artisanal jam company founded in Portland, OR in 2010.
- Owner and head chef Liz Cowan started the operation after recognizing a gap in the U.S. market for cheese and charcuterie board accompaniments.
- She brought her years of international travel and culinary expertise to the company, which focus on quality ingredients and sustainability.
- Three Little Figs handcrafts batches of their jam from fresh local produce, organic cane sugar, and fresh squeezed lemon juice, in copper pots yielding less than 20 jars per batch.
- Their goal is to produce exciting new flavors while honoring traditional cooking methods and supporting local agriculture.