Rustic Bakery Vanilla Bean Shortbread
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Rustic Bakery
- United States
Sweet and crumbly, Rustic Bakery Vanilla Bean Shortbread are handmade following a traditional recipe and flavored with Madagascar vanilla bean. Enjoy them alongside a cup of tea or added to your next cheeseboard alongside La Quercia Pancetta and Murray's Parmigiano Reggiano.
Allergens: Milk, Wheat
- The trick to a good shortbread is balancing the butter, sugar, and flour—and Rustic Bakery does just that.
- Their Vanilla Bean Shortbread punches up a traditional shortbread recipe with by adding whole Madagascar vanilla beans and a touch of sea salt.
- A Scottish treat, shortbread has a centuries-long history—some records even date it back to the 12th century.
- Mary Queen of Scots is credited with refining the recipe in the 1500s, and the first printed recipe for the cookie dates back to 1736.
- Shortbread was once considered a delicacy due to its high butter and sugar content and was reserved for Christmas and Hogmanay (Scotland’s New Year’s Eve celebration).
- Rustic Bakery was founded by Carol LeValley and Josh Harris in 2005.
- After the couple received an order for 50 cases of their homemade sourdough flatbread crackers from Cowgirl Creamery, a San Francisco-based artisanal cheese producer, they quickly settled into a commercial kitchen space near their Navato home and launched their company.
- LeValley and Harris shared their flatbread crackers the following January at San Francisco’s Fancy Food Show, and quickly caught the attention of industry insiders. Not long after, the brand went national.
- Today, Rustic Bakery is best known for their simple, flavorful crackers and shortbreads that pair beautifully with a wide variety of cheeses