Rustico® Black Pepper
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 2-3 months
- Sheep Milk
Rustico Black Pepper cheese combines the mild sweetness of sheep’s milk with the lively zest of black peppercorns. This Italian selection has an ivory paste and undertones of fresh cream and garlic, with a bold, peppery essence that complements the cheese’s milky profile. Perfect for easy melting and snacking, Rustico Black Pepper is just as at home in a gourmet grilled cheese as it is on a cheese board with a drizzle of Bee Seasonal Organic Angico Honey over a Rustic Bakery Olive Oil & Sel Gris Flatbread Bite.
- Rustico Black Pepper is also known as a “young pepato,” which is a type of peppered Italian cheese.
- It’s made in Tuscany using milk from Sardinia and Sicily.
- The cheese is semi-soft and aged only five weeks.
- Black Pepper is indigenous only to Kerala, India, and arrived to the Mediterranean through ancient Roman and Greek trade routes.
- Rustico Black Pepper combines the main ingredients used in Cacio e Pepe, which makes it perfect for melting over pasta.