- by Ziba Foods
These hand-picked white mulberries grow wild in the mountains of Afghanistan. The Ziba team dries them until they develop a soft but slightly crunchy, highly snackable texture. High in iron, calcium, and antioxidants, they’re a superfood that add interesting texture and variety to any cheese and charcuterie spread, or even a platter of fresh fruits and veggies. Pair them with Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche for a yogurt and fruit-inspired breakfast.
- Ziba’s white mulberries grow wild at base of the Hindu Kush mountains in the north of Afghanistan.
- These whole mulberries (no seeds, stems, or broken pieces) are naturally dried and processed without any additives.
- Sweet but not too sweet, these make a great addition to granola and trail mix.
- An Afghani nut and dried fruit company, Ziba Foods works directly with small-scale farms to source high-quality products.
- The company uses farmer-direct advance pay—paying farmers as soon as their available harvest passes quality control processes, which allows them to provide Afghani farmers with a reliable source of income.
- They’re committed to supporting Afghan women, with 85% of management and staff positions held by women. They also provide English lessons and industry training.