Meat Hook Sausage Co. Bratwurst and Turmeric Slaw Sandwich
Recipe: Meat Hook Sausage Co. Bratwurst and Turmeric Slaw Sandwich
Meat Hook Sausage Co. Bratwurst and Turmeric Slaw SandwichThe ultimate Oktoberfest delight with a twist
- Prep Time : 5 min.
- Cook Time : 10 min,
- Total Time : 15 min.
- Serves 1
- FOR SANDWICH
- 1 Meat Hook Bratwurst
- 1 pretzel bun, or another similarly sturdy bun
- 2 tbsp Mustard & Co. Honey-Curry Mustard
- 1 Rick Pick's Classic Sour Pickle, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 tbsp Hillside Piccalilli Relish
- 1/2 cup Turmeric slaw (recipe follows)
- FOR TUMERIC SLAW
- 1 large onion
- 1 head of celery
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar, granulated
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup whole mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup coriander seed, coarsely ground (in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder)
- 1 tbsp whole celery seed
Directions For Slaw
- Thinly slice onion and celery and put aside.
- In a medium pot, combine salt and sugar with white vinegar and bring mixture to a simmer. Add turmeric, mustard seed, and celery seed. Stir until mixed and allow to cool slightly.
- Add onion and celery and let sit in the refrigerator for one hour. Slaw can be stored in it’s liquid for up to 5 days.
Directions For Sausage & Assembly
- Cook the Bratwurst in a pan until heated through and browned, about 3-5 minutes on both sides.
- Cut a wedge out of the pretzel roll to accommodate the bratwurst, and spread the mustard on the roll.
- Add the bratwurst, and generously top with the turmeric slaw, then garnish with the pickles and piccalilli.