Sobrasada ScrambleScrambled eggs and spreadable sausage on garlicky toast
This Sobrasada recipe uses the traditional soft, pimentón-spiked sausage from Mallorca, cooked with eggs until creamy. Serve the rich goodness on warm toast, topped with tender roasted garlic and a sprinkle of fresh herbs. Sobrassada Scrample makes a quick, tasty brunch or a breakfast-for-dinner you’ll come back to again and again.
- Prep Time : 10 min
- Cook Time : 30 min
- Total Time : 40 min
- Serves 2-3
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap the garlic cloves in aluminum foil and add the olive oil to coat before wrapping tightly. Roast for 20 minutes or until the garlic cloves are soft.
- Toast the bread and rub each slice with the roasted garlic to allow it to seep into the warm toast.
- Have the chopped herbs ready.
- Vigorously beat the eggs, milk and salt in a medium bowl until homogenous.
- Melt the butter in a medium large skillet until just barely foaming. Add egg mixture and turn the heat to medium low. Cook, stirring frequently with a heat-resistant rubber spatula, making sure to scrape bottom and sides of skillet, until eggs begin to thicken, about 6 minutes.
- Continue to cook for 3-5 minutes longer before adding the sobrasada, breaking it up with your hands to disperse across the pan.
- Stir the eggs vigorously to mix the sobrasada into the eggs. Remove from the heat and divide over the warm garlic toast.
- Garnish with the pepper, paprika and chopped parsley and chives. Serve immediately.