Bucatini With Chorizo And Feta
Recipe: Bucatini With Chorizo And Feta
Bucatini with Chorizo and FetaMeet your new favorite alternative to Sunday Sauce
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 30 min.
- Serves 4
- 1 lb. La Rustichella Bucatini Pasta
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup castelvetrano olives
- 1 container Mt. Vikos Red Pepper Spread 7.7 oz
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 7 oz. Palacios Mild Chorizo, cut into 1/2 in. coins
- 1 cup Murray's Feta 7 oz, crumbled
- 1/2 bunch scallions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat and saute the chorizo until crispy, about 8 minutes. Once crisped, remove the chorizo to a paper towel-lined plate and discard the fat.
- Drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook until almost tender (about 2-3 minutes less than package directions.)
- Using the same pan from the chorizo, heat the butter until melted, then add the red pepper spread and stir until heated through.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta into the pan with the red pepper spread, coating it thoroughly.
- Finish by adding the cooked chorizo, olives, scallions, lemon juice, zest, and pasta cooking liquid to the pan, adjusting to desired consistency.
- Serve pasta topped with the crumbled feta.