Carbonara Meal Starter Kit
Recipe: Carbonara Meal Starter Kit
CarbonanaA silky, pasta-fied, Italian take on the breakfast classic: Bacon, Egg and Cheese.
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves 2
- In a medium skillet, render the pancetta slowly over low to medium heat, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs together with the cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until 1-2 minutes away from fully cooked. Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Immediately (it’s important to move quickly here!) return the pasta to a large pot over the lowest heat possible with approximately 1/4 cup of pasta water. Add egg mixture, pouring over as much area of the pasta as possible, and stir quickly and constantly until the egg begins to thicken into a sauce. Add the remaining cheese, pepper and pancetta with rendered fat into the pasta and egg mixture. Continue to stir until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Serve immediately, finishing with additional cheese and pepper to taste.