Carbonara Meal Starter Kit
Recipe: Carbonara Meal Starter Kit
CarbonanaA silky, pasta-fied, Italian take on the breakfast classic: Bacon, Egg and Cheese.
Glossy, glorious, luxurious. Not always words associated with a big bowl of pasta. Not so with Carbonara, which earns these praises and more with it’s sauce of eggs, cheese, and pancetta -- unsmoked Italian bacon. The velvety sauce can coat all sorts of pasta shapes, but we especially like it with penne rigate. The ridges along the outside of the classic shape are great a holding on to meats, creamy sauce. This is the ultimate comfort food.
CarbonaraA silky, pasta-fied, Italian take on the breakfast classic: Bacon, Egg and Cheese.
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves 2
- In a medium skillet, render the pancetta slowly over low to medium heat, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs together with the cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until 1-2 minutes away from fully cooked. Drain pasta and reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Immediately (it’s important to move quickly here!) return the pasta to a large pot over the lowest heat possible with approximately 1/4 cup of pasta water. Add egg mixture, pouring over as much area of the pasta as possible, and stir quickly and constantly until the egg begins to thicken into a sauce. Add the remaining cheese, pepper and pancetta with rendered fat into the pasta and egg mixture. Continue to stir until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Serve immediately, finishing with additional cheese and pepper to taste.