Chicken Saltimbocca with Kale and Dried Figs
Recipe: Chicken Saltimbocca with Kale and Dried Figs
Chicken Saltimbocca with Kale and Dried FigsSavory and sweet, his Italian dinner has it all.
- Prep Time : 20 min.
- Cook Time : 20 min.
- Total Time : 40 min.
- Serves 4
- FOR CHICKEN THIGHS
- 4 ea. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 oz. Murray's Prosciutto di Parma
- 2 tbsp Murray's Italian Blend EVOO
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 bunch sage, stems removed
- 1 ea. lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Begin by lightly seasoning the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper. Using 2-3 leaves of sage for each thigh, place the sage leaves on top of the chicken thighs, then wrap the thighs with 2-3 slices of the prosciutto, depending on the shape of the slices.
- Heat a large sautee over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and, seam-side down start to brown the prosciutto-wrapped thighs. After about 4 minutes, flip and brown the other side.
- Once both sides have been browned, add the butter and smashed garlic cloves. Place the pan in the oven and cook until the chicken thighs register 165F on a thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- While the chicken finishes cooking, cook the kale. Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in another large pan over medium heat. Add the figs, garlic and chili flakes. Cook for just a couple minutes, being careful not to brown the garlic too much. Add the kale and kosher salt.
- Using tongs or another utensil, move the kale around the pan until it begins to wilt. Increase the heat to high and add the balsamic vinegar. Cook until the vinegar has essentially evaporated.
- Once the chicken thighs are cooked, remove the thighs from the pan and add the lemon zest and juice from ½ the lemon to make a pan sauce.
- Serve the chicken with the kale and spoon the pan sauce over the chicken to finish.