Blake Hill Preserves Jalapeno And Lime Chili Jam
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Blake Hill Preserves
- United States
This Jalapeño and Lime Chili Jam from Blake Hill Preserves combines spicy jalapeño peppers and bright lime for a jam that is both spicy and sweet, with some tart, zesty undertones. The heat of the cooked peppers blends well with the citrus of the lime to bring forward a mellow tang with a fiery kick. This unique jam is great for glazing meats or adding some depth to salad dressings, and pairs perfectly with fresh cheeses or goat cheese favorites like Fresh Robiola or a Vermont Creamery Goat Log.
- Featuring locally grown organic chilis from Honey Field Farm, they cook the jalapenos with fresh limes, cucumbers and apple cider vinegar, then add pure cane sugar for a touch of sweetness, creating a rich, refreshing and vibrant medium-heat chili jam.
- A versatile pairing partner, it works well with anything from creamy La Tur to Murray’s Cavemaster Original Stockinghall Cheddar
- Makes a wonderful dipping sauce and glaze for grilled meats
- In 2005, Vicky Allard and Joe Hanglin purchased the 19th-century Blake Hill farm property in the small town of Grafton, Vermont.
- After offering one of their homemade jams in a local store—and it quickly selling out—the pair founded Blake Hill Preserves.
- Vicky’s family has made preserves for three generations and Joe brings his unique Gibraltarian heritage to the mix to shape the flavors of their preserves.
- Blake Hill Farm is home to an abundance of wild blackberry and raspberry bushes. They also cultivate blueberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, wildflowers, and more.
- All of Murray’s exclusive jams are a collaboration between Murray’s Cheese and the jam-makers at Blake Hill Farms.