Maple Leaf Pepper Jack
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 3-5 weeks
- Cow Milk
- by Maple Leaf Cheese
- United States
Fresh red and green jalapeños give Maple Leaf Pepper Jack a zesty bite, and true pepper flavor, balanced with sweet, buttery notes. Made in America’s cheese heartland, this pepper jack is a true Wisconsin original, perfect for melting over nachos, quesadillas, or a burger. It also makes a great snack when paired with Firehook Sea Salt Crackers and Texas Iberico Dry Cured Hickory Smoked Ham.
- Pepper Jack is a spicy take on a Monterey Jack, a cheese first developed by Franciscan monks in Monterey, California.
- This rendition comes straight from the Maple Leaf Cheese Cooperation in Wisconsin.
- The addition of peppers and spices gives it its signature kick.
- During its 30 days of aging, Maple Leaf Pepper Jack is fine-tuned to evenly balance its sweet, buttery flavor with the crunchy heat of fresh red and green jalapeños.
- Maple Leaf Cheese Cooperative prides itself on a century-long history of cheese making.
- It was founded in 1910 by a group of local cheesemakers looking to build a consistent market for their milk.
- Drawing inspiration from Dutch recipes and using milk from a cooperative of second- and third-generation Wisconsin dairy families, Maple Leaf delivers old world cheesemaking with a distinctly American flavor.
- Led by cheesemakers Jeff Wideman and Paul Reigle, Maple Leaf delivers the highest in quality directly from Wisconsin—a heartland for American cheeses.