Blake Hill Preserves Pumpkin Butter
- by Blake Hill Preserves
- United States
Blake Hill Preserves’ Pumpkin Butter is like a fall day in Vermont captured in one little jar. The sweetness of rich, velvety pumpkin is amped up with maple syrup, all balanced by a splash of apple cider vinegar. It’s incredibly smooth and bursting with a roasted pumpkin flavor, with added warmth from cinnamon and nutmeg. An autumn pantry staple, this treat is versatile enough to serve on toast, pancakes, or a cheese board, beside Murray’s Cave Aged Stockinghall Cheddar and Murray’s Stilton.
- In 2005, Vicky Allard and Joe Hanglin purchased the 19th-century Blake Hill farm property in the small town of Grafton, Vermont.
- After offering one of their homemade jams in a local store—and it quickly selling out—the pair founded Blake Hill Preserves.
- Vicky’s family has made preserves for three generations and Joe brings his unique Gibraltarian heritage to the mix to shape the flavors of their preserves.
- Blake Hill Farm is home to an abundance of wild blackberry and raspberry bushes. They also cultivate blueberries, gooseberries, rhubarb, wildflowers, and more.
- All of Murray’s exclusive jams are a collaboration between Murray’s Cheese and the jam-makers at Blake Hill Farms.