This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Matiz
Bring home a taste of Spain with Matiz Boquerones—delicately tender and briny white anchovies. After being fished from the Mediterranean Sea, they’re marinated in water, salt, and white wine vinegar and packed in sunflower oil to retain their meaty bite and salty, fresh-from-the-sea flavor. Take a tip from the Spanish, and serve them tapas style, laid out alongside Trois Petits Cochons Mini Toasts and Kalamata olives.
- These anchovies are marinated in water, wine vinegar, and salt for at least 72 hours before being filtered and packed in sunflower oil.
- While the anchovy fillets we love from pizza and Caesar salad are salt-cured and then packed in oil, Spanish-style boquerones are fresh anchovies that are lightly salted and marinated in vinegar before setting in olive oil for a more delicate, well-rounded flavor and silker, tender texture.
- Often part of tapas and served simply with crusty bread and peppery olive oil, enjoy these before dinner with your favorite olives and a glass of fino sherry
- Matiz takes pride in sourcing and importing all-natural, gourmet food products in its native Spain.
- Matiz products are imported to the United States by the Culinary Collective, a distributor that prioritizes sustainability and small producers in the gourmet realm.
- To promote responsible business practices, the Culinary Collective champions five distinct sourcing criteria: local ownership, authenticity, local sourcing, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Matiz adheres to these guidelines and is proud to work with family manufacturers that prioritize high-quality, all-natural products.
- The Matiz product line encompasses olive oils, vinegars, vegetables, grains, and seafoods.