Matiz Sardines With Piquillo
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Matiz
Matiz Sardines with Piquillo are a variety of tinned Spanish sardines packaged with sweet peppers. Matiz catches the small sardines off the coast of Galicia, Spain, and pairs the tender, salty fish with piquillo peppers, a type of chili that’s bright and juicy. The combination of sweet and briny makes for an addictively snackable treat, and is guaranteed to add flavor to any dish. Serve up Matiz Sardines with Piquillo in a Caesar salad with Murray’s Parmigiano Reggiano or create a tapas platter with our Pitted Greek Olive Mix.
- Matiz harvests their sardines fresh off the coast of Galicia, Spain.
- Galicia is renowned as a seaport and destination for seafood.
- Categorized as “sardinillas,” these Spanish sardines are smaller in size than typical sardines.
- They’re packaged with piquillo peppers, which are a variety of Spanish chili pepper that’s bright and sweet without any spice.
- Matiz takes pride in sourcing and importing all-natural, gourmet food products in its native Spain.
- Matiz products are imported to the United States by the Culinary Collective, a distributor that prioritizes sustainability and small producers in the gourmet realm.
- To promote responsible business practices, the Culinary Collective champions five distinct sourcing criteria: local ownership, authenticity, local sourcing, social responsibility, and environmental stewardship.
- Matiz adheres to these guidelines and is proud to work with family manufacturers that prioritize high-quality, all-natural products.
- The Matiz product line encompasses olive oils, vinegars, vegetables, grains, and seafoods.