Mitica® Date Almond Cake
- by Mitica®
Add it to your cheese plate for a wonderful delight. Cube it, slice it thinly, put it in salads, or nosh on it for a snack. Handmade in Valencia, Spain, of dates, Marcona almonds, and nuthin' else; your friends who can't have gluten will thank you for this wheat-free cake.
Allergens: Tree Nuts
- From the Spanish word for mythical, Mitica is a gourmet food importer that offers the best of the best from Spain and the Iberian Peninsula.
- Regional delicacies, like marcona almonds, membrillo, and crispy tortas, are carefully curated by the company’s product experts.
- Based in Long Island, New York, Mitica is part of the specialty food company Forever Cheese, founded by Michele Buster and Pierluigi Sini.
- Forever Cheese was created in 1998 to share Sini’s renowned family cheeses with a U.S. audience.
- The duo originally offered Italian cheeses before moving into Spanish, Portuguese, and even Croatian cheese.
- It wasn’t long before they were also adding other charcuterie staples, like prosciutto and fruit spreads, to the fold