Murray's Calabrese Salami
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Age: 4 Weeks
- by Murray's Cheese
- United States
Sweet paprika and hot cayenne give Murray’s Calabrese Salami its complex spice. Made with pasture-raised pork, its heat is tempered by the rustic pork flavor of the meat itself, bringing out the indulgent, fermented notes of perfectly-aged salami. The meat is infused with Sangiovese wine to accentuate its rich, umami flavor. Try a few slices with some Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Oro Antico, and pair with a bold Italian red wine.
- Murray’s Calabrese Salami is named for the Italian region of Calabria, where spicy chiles are often used in local cuisine.
- Pasture-raised, antibiotic-free pork is coarsely ground to give the salami a fatty texture with high moisture levels.
- The casing is covered in a dusting of benign white mold, a “good” mold that cures the meat and fends off potentially harmful bacteria.
- Just remove the casing before slicing, and this salami is ready to eat.
- Salami production dates back centuries, when meat was smoked, fermented and dried out of necessity.
- The dry-curing technique used for salami requires humidity and temperature-controlled drying.
- The humidity and temperatures used to cure the meat determine its texture and moisture levels, ranging from dry and fine to chewy and fatty, as well as its depth of flavor.
- Murray’s salami falls in the middle—firm with a slight chew at the finish.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.