Olympia Provisions Saucisson Sec
- by Olympia Provisions
- United States
This traditional Saucisson Sec is seasoned with fresh garlic and cracked black pepper to give it a robust, gently spiced flavor and mouthwatering savory essence. Pair this fan favorite with bold, funky cheeses like Tomme de Savoie and Murray's Bleu D'Auvergne, and spiced chutney or Three Little Figs French Onion Confit.
- Through our partnership, Olympia Provisions orders will be shipped from an alternate facility outside of Murray’s. You will receive a separate tracking number from Olympia Provisions for your order.
- Perhaps one of the most well-known French charcuterie selections, saucisson sec is a thick, dry cured sausage that originates from Auvergne, a region in central France well known for its tradition of meat curing.
- Make a French cheese plate by pairing with Murray's 18 Month Aged Comté, Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons, and crusty baguette.
- Established in 2009, Olympia Provisions was Oregon’s first USDA-approved salumeria.
- Founder Elias Cairo, a first-generation Greek-American, grew up around charcuterie—his father would often craft his own meats at home.
- His upbringing, along with his travels and apprenticeships around Europe, inspired him to start Olympia Provisions, to share these traditional techniques with Americans.
- The company uses antibiotic-free pork and high-quality ingredients like freshly ground spices.
- They form their meats with natural casings and allow them to age naturally, without relying on hot-incubation, cooking, or irradiation.