Ortiz Bonito Del Norte Tuna
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Ortiz
A single, decadently thick tuna fillet is contained within each Ortiz Bonito Del Norte Tuna tin. This is not your average canned tuna. Briny and clean, this flaky tuna steak is meaty and flavorful—just cut into it to reveal its delicate pink flesh. Ortiz tuna is always individually line caught, a fishing method that’s both selective and environmentally ethical. Keep this tuna away from any mayonnaise and celery and instead enjoy on its own, stacked on some Z Crackers and served alongside Amarena Cherries.
- Ortiz Bonito Del Norte Tuna is line caught using live bait and flies during the coastal fishing season in Spain.
- This method is more selective and environmentally ethical, as it limits the disruption to existing marine life.
- The belly cut of tuna is known for being delicate and tender.
- Each tin contains a single flaky, flavorful tuna fillet.
- The fillet is preserved in a fine olive oil that lends itself for use in salad dressings and marinades.
- Since the late 19th century, Spain’s Conservas Ortiz has prided itself on producing the best fresh and preserved fish—including tuna and anchovies.
- The company uses traditional fishing methods to ensure humane treatment, preserve the quality of the fish, and maintain the health of the oceans.
- Tuna is individually line caught using fresh bait during the coastal fishing seasons, a selective and sustainable technique.
- Anchovies are caught using purse seine nets before being cleaned, salted, and aged for six months.