Pacific Pickle Works Asparagusto!
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Pacific Pickle Works
- United States
Pacific Pickle Works makes their Asparagusto by pickling raw asparagus spears in a blend of spices. The crunchy stalks take on a tangy, sweet flavor that’s infused with a kick of zesty heat from the mix of jalapeno peppers, onion, and garlic in the brine. Bright and snackable, these unique asparagus are perfect for dipping into fondue or silky cheese wheels like Murray’s Cave Aged Reserve Greensward or Epoisses.
- Pickling is a process that involves preserving food--traditionally cucumbers or similar vegetables--in a vinegar or brine.
- Bradley Bennett founded Pacific Pickle Works originally as a means to share his original spicy pickle blend with friends and family in Santa Barbara, California.
- His business grew and he began to experiment with other vegetables besides cucumbers, including asparagus, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and beets.
- These zesty asparagus are designed for easy snacking, and can be used for chopping into salads, dipping into cheese, and serving with cocktails like Bloody Mary’s.
- The bright acidity is perfect for balancing out richer cheeses like Pecorino or funky Alpines.
- Pacific Pickle Works is a Santa Barbara-based pickle company founded in 2011.
- After several years of making pickles for family and friends, founder Bradley Bennett began to sell his original spicy pickles to small businesses in the area.
- Later, Pacific Pickle Works expanded to become a nationwide operation.
- The produce used for their original creations is all-natural, hand-packed, and comes only from California.
- They soak the produce in a spicy brine that blends California chilies, classic vinegar, and a range of savory aromatics to pack a punch of flavor.
- Their line of crunchy, bright, and spicy products ranges from traditional pickles to other vegetables like carrots, asparagus, and Brussels sprouts.