Petit Prefere de nos Montagnes
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Animal Rennet
- Age: 6 Days
- Cow Milk
Petit Prefere de nos Montagnes is reminiscent of France’s famed Reblochon with a pungent, milky taste that’s uniquely its own. A sticky orange rind contains a rich paste with notes of hazelnut and white wine. Pair it with Murray's Sopressata Salami and a handful of Marcona Almonds for a savory snack.
- Petit Prefere de nos Montagnes is the perfect introduction to washed rind cheeses as it is not as robust as others in the category.
- The lightly washed rind gets its orange color, in part, from the annatto that’s added to the rind.
- It’s unctuous and milky, similar in texture to a brie, with a deep flavor reminiscent of white wine and hazelnut.
- Petit Prefere de nos Montagnes hails from the Jura region of France and is reminiscent of the French Reblochon.
- Reblochon is a name-protected cheese, one unavailable for purchase in the United States because of its age and use of raw milk.
- Some legal, pasteurized versions are sold in the U.S. with slightly different spelling, akin to Parmesan v. Parmigiano.