Quince & Apple Company Raspberry Rose Preserves
- by Quince & Apple
- United States
Quince & Apple’s jams capture the pure flavor and texture of fruit at peak ripeness. In their Raspberry Rose Preserves, berries are the star—juicy and a little tart, with light background floral notes that are pleasant, not perfume-y. Unlike in most raspberry jams, the fruit isn’t fully broken down, so you get a bit of plump berry in every spoonful. Add a dollop to temper the boldness of complex Alpine cheeses like Murray’s Cave Aged Gruyère and L’Étivaz.
- You don’t have to love floral flavors to enjoy this jam—the rose is fairly subtle.
- While Quince & Apple makes jams that are made to pair with cheese, there are so many uses for these preserves. Mix it into your morning cottage cheese, use as a filling for shortbread cookies, or spread it on Callie’s Biscuits.
- The Quince & Apple Company is a Wisconsin-based artisan food business run by husband and wife team Matt and Clare.
- They make preserves, pickles, and syrups, with a focus on producing not-too-sweet products that work well on cheese boards and in cocktails.
- Their Treat spiced nuts are hand-crafted and made in small batches.