Trufflin® Black Truffle Honey
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Trufflin®
The moment you open a jar of delicate and aromatic black truffle honey, you know you’re in for a luxurious treat. Trufflin infuses raw, wildflower honey with fresh truffle slices, a mingling of earthiness and honey’s natural sweetness. The result is a drizzleable delicacy with both floral and umami notes. This honey is an exquisite addition to your cheese board, or as a flavorful drizzle on Murray’s Burrata.
- The wildflower honey used in Trufflin’s recipe is harvested on the same natural reserve in Provence as their organic black truffles.
- This honey is natural and unfiltered, so it may crystallize. To get it back to its liquid form, you can stir it gently or immerse the bottom of the jar in a bowl of warm water.
- Truffles are a prized type of fungi found on the roots of trees; they grow only in the wild and are very seasonal. Truffles can primarily be found in France, Italy, and the Pacific Northwest.
- Black truffles (Tuber melanosporum) have an earthy, deep flavor and aroma.
- Husband and wife team Cornelious Robinson and Liv Woudstra-Robinson started Trufflin to bring high-quality French truffles to NYC chefs.
- They drew on Cornelious’ background as a chef and cocktail connoisseur and Liv’s family history with truffles in the South of France.
- With the goal of democratizing the world of gourmet food, they eventually expanded to bring their luxury products to home kitchens.
- Trufflin owns their process from end to end, sourcing truffles directly from a collective of French truffle hunters and farmers to ensure consistency and quality.