Honey and Cherry Panna Cotta with Sorbet
Recipe: Honey and Cherry Panna Cotta with Sorbet
Honey and Cherry Panna Cotta with SorbetA classic dessert from Marea, a celebrated Manhattan restaurant
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 45 min.
- Total Time : 60 min.
- Serves 4
- FOR PANNA COTTA
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 7 tbsp Franca Franzoni Acacia Honey
- 1 and 1/4 cup Murray’s Mascarpone
- 1 and 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 3/4 tbsp gelatin
- pinch of salt
- FOR CHERRY SORBET
- 1 lb cherries, de-pitted
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- lemon juice to taste
- salt to taste
Directions For Panna Cotta
- Combine all ingredients except for gelatin in a pot and warm, being careful not to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir until sugar and honey have dissolved and cheeses have fully incorporated into the milk and cream.
- Bloom the gelatin by mixing it with 1.5 Tbsp water and gently stirring for three to five minutes.
- Using a hand blender, mix the bloomed gelatin into the pot.
- Strain the mixture and pour evenly into four 8 oz ramekins. Let cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate for 4 hours.
Directions For Cherry Sorbet
- Place cherries in a food processor and blend for 2-3 minutes. Strain the mixture to create a cherry puree.
- Combine puree with all other ingredients in an ice cream maker and process. Follow your ice cream maker's instructions for making sorbet.
Directions For Assembly
- Top the panna cotta with a scoop of sorbet. Garnish with Sour Cherry Spread, chopped Pizzuto D’Avola Almonds and Dardimans Mandarin Chips.