Irish Cheddar & Potato Gratin
Recipe: Irish Cheddar & Potato Gratin
Irish Cheddar & Potato GratinA rustic wonder-dish of Irish staples
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 75 min.
- Total Time : 1 hr. 30 min.
- Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Butter a square baking dish. Layer 1 lb. of the sliced potatoes into the pan. Add 1/4 cup of grated Murray’s Irish Cheddar. Repeat until all potatoes and cheese are used.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onions and thyme in Murray’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Once onions are caramelized, add the heavy cream. When warmed, pour over the potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for an hour until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with cooked bacon and scallions if desired.