Murray's Irish Cheddar
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Vegetarian Rennet
- Age: 9 Months
- Cow Milk
- by Murray's Cheese
Kept moist and crumbly inside an ever-so-Irish green wax rind, Murray’s Irish Cheddar is a buttery beauty that embodies the lush grassiness of Ireland’s rolling pastures. Sweet, creamy, and light, its supple straw-colored paste is infused with gentle fruity undertones. Try melting it over vegetables or potatoes or snacking on it with some crunchy pickles, hearty crackers, and of course, an Irish stout. We also love to bring out this cheddar’s bright side with a dollop of Blake Hill Preserves Jalapeno and Lime Chili Jam.
- This Irish cheddar is much milder and more buttery than a traditional English cheddar, which tends toward earthier notes and tangy horseradish and onion flavors.
- Murray's Irish cheddar is surrounded in a thick coating of bright green wax, which protects the cheese from bacteria and stops the aging process by keeping the whey and butterfat inside the wheel of cheese. The wax coating is also used to help create a smooth texture and evenly distributed flavor.
- The term cheddar refers not only to a style of cheese but also the process that’s used to make it. Cheddaring is a technique during cheesemaking where the curd is cut into small pieces to further drain the whey and create the cheddars we love. First, the curd is cooked and the whey is drained, then the actual cheddaring begins, when the curds are piled together and cut into long slabs, which are turned and stacked over and over until they consolidate and become firmer as the rest of the whey drains, creating the building blocks for cheddar cheese.
- At Murray’s, we are cheese experts and enthusiasts who make, source, sell, and serve exceptional cheese and specialty foods nationwide.
- The Murray’s Cheese branded product line comprises deliciously distinct, time-honored products made with the finest ingredients by passionate producers across the globe.
- These products have been hand-selected by our trusted cheesemongers, who travel the world to taste countless items in search of flavors that are exceptional enough to be included in our branded product line.
- We build strong relationships with our talented production partners. They trust our team to handle the extraordinary goods they’ve worked hard to perfect, as we bring them to households across the country.
- Whether you’re looking for Gruyère from Switzerland, Brie from France, or Prosciutto di Parma from Italy, with a Murray’s branded product, you’ll receive our favorite version of a traditional product at an incredible value.