Roasted Broccoli & Beecher's Cheddar Salad
Roasted Broccoli & Beecher’s Cheddar SaladA fresh, fruity, and cheesy mix
Serve up a dish that’s equal parts fresh veggies and bright, crunchy cheddar with this original recipe featuring Beecher’s Cheddar and a mix of broccoli, apples, celery, romaine, and a homemade dressing. Beecher’s 4-year version of their classic Flagship cheese is carefully aged for nearly half a decade to create a rich and nutty new profile, with a slightly more pronounced tang and mouthwatering crunch. With the addition of Murray’s bright Mediterranean Olive Oil and a mix of hearty broccoli, this salad is the perfect winter appetizer.
Roasted Broccoli & Beecher’s Cheddar SaladServes 4
- 1 ea. Medium broccoli head
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 ea. Gala apple, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 sticks Celery, sliced on bias
- ½ cup Murray's Pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce
- 1 ea. Shallot., minced
- 1 ea. Lemon, juiced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Murray's Barrel Aged Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Murray’s Mediterranean Olive Oil
- ¼ lb. Beecher’s 4 Year Flagship Cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to 400F. Rinse all the produce. Cut the broccoli, separating the florets into medium size pieces. Peel the base of the broccoli, then slice into 1/2” pieces. Toss the broccoli with olive oil and 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. Place the broccoli onto a parchment-lined sheet tray and roast in the oven until tender, about 15 minutes. Once the broccoli is cooked, set aside to let cool.
- Prepare the romaine by cutting the base stem off and discarding. Break the lettuce into individual leaves.
- To make the dressing, add the minced shallot, lemon juice, Greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, honey, the Mediterranean olive oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon of kosher salt to a small mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Next, assemble the salad. Lightly toss the romaine leaves in the dressing in a medium bowl and portion into 4 separate bowls. Next toss the broccoli in the same bowl and place on top of the romaine.
- Garnish each salad with the apple slices, celery, pistachios and grated cheddar. Enjoy!