Amatriciana Meal Starter Kit
Recipe: Amatriciana Meal Starter Kit
AmatricianaA bold take on the classic marinara with a little heat and a little meat.
- Prep Time : 10 min.
- Cook Time : 15 min.
- Total Time : 25 min.
- Serves 2
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 packet Rustichella Pasta Bucatini
- 1/2 of a 28-oz. can peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (about 3 oz.) La Quercia Pancetta Americano, diced
- 1 1/4 cup (about 5 oz.) Fulvi Pecorino Romano, finely grated and reserving a small amount for garnish
- 3 tbsp Murray’s Coratina Denocciolato EVOO finishing oil, optional
- red chili flakes, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt to taste. Add pasta and cook until 1-2 minutes from fully cooked.
- While pasta is cooking, cook pancetta in a separate pan over medium-low heat until it renders most of its fat and crisps. Remove meat from pan, leaving fat behind in the pan. Add sliced onions to rendered fat and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add meat back in and add chili flakes. Stir gently and leave on low heat.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Return pasta to large pan, add pecorino, and reserved ¼ cup pasta water. Stir vigorously. Add tomatoes and all contents of pancetta/onion pan. Continue stirring until texture is cohesive, adding more pasta water as needed.
- Add olive oil and butter to pan and stir.
- Plate and serve immediately, finishing with additional pecorino