Dill Pickle Arancini
Recipe: Dill Pickle Arancini
Dill Pickle AranciniCrispy golden coating, creamy green center
These classic fried Italian rice balls have a Southern spin. Creamy, crunchy, and satisfying, this version introduces some Creole into the mix, with dill pickles and Cajun Remoulade, plus Murray’s Havarti with Dill. If you’re looking to make a statement at your next dinner party, these arancini are just what you want on the table. They’re the ideal appetizer: visually stunning, inherently sharable, and undeniably delicious. It’s a surefire dish to impress your guests right from the get-go.
Dill Pickle AranciniA hearty, creamy soup with savory meat and veggies
- Prep Time : 15 min.
- Cook Time : 45 min.
- Total Time : 90 min.
- Serves 8-10
- For the Arancini:
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 5 cups panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz stick of butter
- 6 large eggs
- 32 oz canola or vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 1/2 cups Murray’s Havarti with Dill, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Murray's Garlic & Dill Pickle Spears, roughly chopped
- To make Cajun Remoulade, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the risotto, begin heat the chicken stock in a pot until simmering. In a separate pot, melt the butter in over high heat. Once the butter is bubbling, add the rice and the onions and cook until onions become translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine and reduce until the wine has almost completely evaporated. Then, reduce the heat to medium high and begin adding the hot chicken stock a quarter of a cup at a time, stirring frequently until incorporated and reduced slightly. Continue this process until all the liquid has been added and the rice is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add the cheese and pickles, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture onto a sheet tray and let cool. Meanwhile, heat a large pot of oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F.
- Once the risotto mixture is cool (approximately 30 min.), form it into golf ball-sized spheres. Submerge in the whisked eggs and then coat in the Panko to bread. Fry the risotto balls until warmed through and golden brown on the outside.
- Serve and enjoy with Cajun Remoulade.