5 Spoke Creamery Harvest Moon
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 18 Months
- Cow Milk
- by 5 Spoke Creamery
- United States
This bold stunner looks like a pumpkin but tastes like Cheddar. Crafted by the New York-based 5 Spoke Creamery, Harvest Moon is a mimolette-style cheese that shares the same orange-colored paste and rich flavor. To create Harvest Moon, 5 Spoke Creamery uses French cheese molds and their own raw milk recipe. One bite reveals notes of butterscotch and a touch of sweetness. Pair this dense and boldly-colored cheese with a dark beer like a stout.
- Harvest Moon is aged in 5 Spoke Creamery’s underground cave for at least nine months.
- 5 Spoke Creamery was inspired to create Harvest Moon after mimolette was unavailable for a period of time in 2013.
- Similar to mimolette, the rind often takes on a crater/moon-like appearance, the older it gets the more craters develop.
- 5 Spoke Creamery is a dairy farm and cheese operation located in Goshen, NY.
- It was founded in 2007 by husband-and-wife team Alan and Barbara Gustaff with the intention of promoting sustainability.
- They produce raw milk farmstead cheeses from the milk of their closed herd of grass-fed cows.
- The name 5 Spoke Creamery was inspired by owner Alan’s childhood memories of riding a bicycle and the idea that taking the time to be present in the moment and live a balanced life are essential to finding new opportunities and possibilities.