Three Little Figs French Onion Confit
This item is temporarily unavailable
- by Three Little Figs
- United States
Faster isn’t always better, and Three Little Figs French Onion Confit is proof that slowing down yields delicious results. Locally sourced onions are patiently cooked with a thoughtful assortment of ingredients like thyme, white wine, and brandy. Evoking the flavors of French onion soup, this spread is an original that enlivens just about any food. Spread it over a burger, slather it on a Gruyère grilled cheese, or add a dollop on a slice of creamy Cheddar like Murray’s Irish Cheddar.
- Artisan-made in the truest sense, this jam, along with Three Little Figs’ other selections, is made by cutting all the organic produce by hand.
- The French Onion Confit is cooked in copper pots that can make only about 18 jars per kettle.
- Use this French Onion Confit as the topping on a baked Brie. The creaminess of the cheese provides a delicious contrast to the sweetness of the onions.
- Three Little Figs is an artisanal jam company founded in Portland, OR in 2010.
- Owner and head chef Liz Cowan started the operation after recognizing a gap in the U.S. market for cheese and charcuterie board accompaniments.
- She brought her years of international travel and culinary expertise to the company, which focus on quality ingredients and sustainability.
- Three Little Figs handcrafts batches of their jam from fresh local produce, organic cane sugar, and fresh squeezed lemon juice, in copper pots yielding less than 20 jars per batch.
- Their goal is to produce exciting new flavors while honoring traditional cooking methods and supporting local agriculture.