Beecher's Handmade Cheese Flagship 4 Year
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 4 Years
- Cow Milk
- by Beecher's Handmade Cheese
- United States
To make their Flagship 4 Year, Beecher’s carefully selects wheels of their signature cheese that are well-suited for extra aging. Over four years (that’s at least two years longer than the original), the bold, firm cheese develops a more intense caramelized nut sweetness, with layers of toasty butter flavor and a satisfying crunch. This versatile cheese shines alongside Murray's Jumbo Medjool Dates, Murray's Shelled Walnuts, and a juicy red wine.
- Through our partnership, Beecher's orders will be shipped from an alternate facility outside of Murray’s. You will receive a separate tracking number from Beecher's for your order.
- Flagship is made using the cheddaring process, and the cheesemakers add both cheddar and Gruyère cultures. The Gruyère cultures bring a distinct nuttiness to the cheese.
- Cheddar dates back to the Middle Ages, with origins in the village of Cheddar located in Somerset, England. The term cheddar refers not only to a style of cheese but also the process used to make it.
- Cheddaring is a technique where, after the curd is cooked and whey is drained, the curds are piled and cut into long slabs, which are turned and stacked over and over, consolidating and firming up as the rest of the whey drains.
- Flagship 4 Year’s crystalline crunch comes from tyrosine, an amino acid that forms white crystals in the interior paste of some aged cheeses.
- The tangy finish adds a great punch of flavor to a burger or roast beef sandwich with a generous smear of Fallot Dijon Mustard.
- In 2003, lifelong cheese lover Kurt Beecher Dammeier opened Beecher’s Handmade Cheese in Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market.
- Visitors can watch their favorite cheeses come to life through Beecher’s glass-walled cheesemaking locations.
- Beecher’s uses traditional methods perfected by cheesemakers over thousands of years and crafts cheeses free of artificial ingredients and colors. The premium milk used to produce Beecher’s cheese contains no added rBST.
- From their signature Flagship cheese to extra-aged varieties, clothbound wheels to exciting flavored options, their products are as delicious as the fresh milk they’re made from, which comes from local farms.