Cypress Grove Goat Cheddar
- Microbial Rennet
- Age: 2 Months
- Goat Milk
- by Cypress Grove
- United States
You're probably familiar with cheddars but you might not have ever encountered one quite like this. Made from from goat's milk, this white cheddar is sweeter and smoother than your average cow's milk cheddar. Hailing from California's Cypress Grove, this cheese pairs well with roasted nuts like pistachios or marcona almonds. Try a drizzle of maple syrup to amp up the sweetness and make an unforgettable pairing.
- Cheesemaker Mary Keehn has built her career on making healthy food for her family, and in 1983 she founded Cypress Grove Cheese to fulfill this purpose.
- Located on the rural north coast of California, Cypress Grove uses goat’s milk to make soft-ripened cheeses blended with bold flavors, which have won numerous awards.
- Keehn’s iconic Humboldt Fog and its line of ash is one of the most-copied styles of American cheese.
- Beyond the most copied, it is highly-awarded, winning Best of Class, American Cheese Society 1998, 2002, 2005, 2019, and Best of California, California State Fair 2019 – just to name a few.
- Cypress Grove exports its products to over 40 countries around the world.