Isigny Ste Mère Unsalted Butter
This item is temporarily unavailable
- Cow Milk
- by Isigny Sainte-Mere
Using the highest quality cream from the Isigny region of France, Isigny Ste Mère Unsalted Butter is the epitome of French cultured butter. Its nuanced flavor tastes of sweet cream and toasted hazelnuts, and is undeniably rich. Steeped in four centuries of tradition, it’s made under a carefully-controlled production process that guarantees its exceptional standards. Try spreading it on Rustic Bakery Meyer Lemon Shortbread with some Jamnation Midnight in Pearis for a decadently sweet snack.
- Isigny Ste Mère Unsalted Butter is made using the highest quality cream from the Isigny region of Normandy, France’s dairy heartland.
- Once a wetland, the Isigny region is now known for its rich, clay soil and abundant grass.
- The cows that graze along the lush grass pastures are known for producing high-quality, mineral-rich milk and cream
- Before being crafted into butter, the cream undergoes a number of tests to ensure its quality.
- The cream is seeded with a lactic starter cultures before resting and acidifying for 16 - 18 hours prior to churning.
- The well-regulated process guarantees the butter has an even melting texture.
- The butter is rich in iodine, vitamin A, and beta carotenoids.
- It’s known for its golden buttercup color and distinct, hazelnut flavor.
- Isigny Ste Mère Unsalted Butter has also been granted AOP (Appellation d'Origine Protégée, translating to protected designation of origin) status, meaning it’s held to peak standards for its ingredients and production.